Eclipse Phase Second Edition (PDF)
Eclipse Phase Second Edition is the post-apocalyptic game of transhuman horror. Humanity is enhanced and improved, but also battered and bitterly divided. Technology allows the re-shaping of bodies and minds, but also creates opportunities for oppression and puts the capability for mass destruction in the hands of everyone. And other threats lurk in the devastated habitats of the Fall, dangers both familiar and alien. In this harsh setting, the players participate in a cross-faction conspiracy called Firewall that seeks to protect transhumanity from threats both internal and external.
Along the way, they may find themselves hunting for prized technology in a gutted habitat falling from orbit, risking the hellish landscapes of a ruined earth, or following the trail of a terrorist through militarized stations and isolationist habitats. Characters may even find themselves stepping through a Pandora Gate, a wormhole to distant stars and the alien secrets beyond.
What’s New in EP2?
We focused on improving and simplifying the existing Eclipse Phase system, not re-inventing the wheel. Changes include:
- Faster Character Creation — A package-buy character creation system lets people build characters quickly without missing essentials.
- Streamlined Resleeving — An aptitude-linked pool system means that skills don’t need to be recalculated when a character resleeves (switches bodies).
- Updated Gameplay — We've reduced the number of skills and made them easier to acquire. Gear costs are replaced with a system that works the same whether you are buying gear, acquiring it with rep favors, or nano-fabbing. Combat, hacking, and other systems are also updated.
- Four Sample Teams — Pre-fabbed teams — two firewall teams, a gatecrashing ops team, and a criminal ops team — can be dropped right into a game and serve as examples of balanced parties.
- Redesigned Book — A spread-based organization keeps material close-at-hand with less page-flipping.
The first edition of Eclipse Phase won numerous awards (2010 Origins Award for Best RPG, 2010 ENnie Gold for Best Writing, and 2010 ENnie Silvers for Best Cover Art and Product of the Year) and was critically acclaimed for the innovation and depth of its setting. The Eclipse Phase line is recognized for its creativity, world-building, amazing artwork, and high production standards.
Most first-edition source material is compatible with EP2: Sourcebooks such as Sunward, Rimward, Gatecrashing, Panopticon, Firewall, Zone Stalkers, Argonauts, and The Stars our Destination are 95% compatible. Some of the morphs, gear, and other rules provided in their Game Information sections will be outdated, but are easily convertible. We call these EP1-but-highly-compatible books the SolArchive.
When do you ship orders?
For any title in the Books category, including Eclipse Phase Second Edition, those books ship from one of our fulfillment partners, the legendary Atlas Games. They ship titles out almost every weekday.
Other merchandise, including pre-orders, ships from our home office, and we try to ship things out once or twice a week depending on order volume.
What is Posthuman Recommended shipping?
Posthuman Recommended shipping for books for non-USA orders uses a Delivery Duty Paid (DDP) service. By using DDP, we assume the liability for any import duties that you may normally have to pay!
Your books will be shipped from the Atlas warehouse to a shipping company in your region, and then will be handed to that company for the "Final Mile" to your door. You'll get tracking information for both legs of your new book's journey to you!
DDP is not as fast as a courier service, but is much less expensive, and still takes things across the globe in under ten days, typically.
We understand that shipping (particularly internationally) is expensive. Amazon and other major retailers get huge reductions on their shipping rates due to the volume of orders they place. We aren't able to match those rates, and we appreciate you supporting us directly.